|David Chotka will a module in Calgary AB, April 29-May 2, 2004. He will be speaking on Kingdom versus kingdom: The Lord and His Prayer.
In preparation for the module, read
- Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home, by Richard Foster. (Harper Collins, 1992) - This is a warm, compelling and sensitive primer on prayer, helping us understand, experience and practice prayer in its many forms.
- The Workbook of Living Prayer, (20th anniversary edition) by (Upper Room; Nashville, 1994) by Maxie Dunnam, ISBN 0-8358-0718-5
- Listening Prayer by Leanne Payne, 2000, Hamewith Books, Grand Rapids Michigan, ISBN 0-8010-5916-X
- Praying the Lord's Prayer by Elmer Towns. ISBN 0-8307-2042-1 Regal.
- Lord, Teach Us To Pray by the NPMT, 2002. This resource will be available for download from this web-site soon.
- Celebration of Disciple: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard J. Foster - (San Francisco CA: Harper Collins, 1998; ISBN 0-06-062839-1). - Foster's book explains the disciplines people must cultivate in order to achieve spiritual depth. In succinct, urgent, and sometimes humorous chapters, Foster defines a broad range of classic spiritual disciplines in terms that are lucid without being too limiting and offers advice that's practical without being overly prescriptive.
- The Spirit of the Disciplines by Dallas Willard
- Daring to Draw Near, John White (InterVarsity Press, 1977) - What better way to learn about praying than to look at the prayers in the Bible. In these we learn about the God to whom we pray - the One who desires communication with us, the One who takes the initiative.
- The Lord and His Prayer by N.T. Wright, Eerdmans, 1996
- And God Changed His Mind, Brother Andrew, Chosen Books-Fleming Revell, 1990.